Thursday, April 23, 2009

How do I write a diamante poem?

A diamante poem has 7 lines, and looks like a diamond. It follows this pattern:

Topic
Two adjectives about the topic
Three verbs that end with -ing about the topic
Four nouns or a four-word phrase about the topic
Three verbs that end with -ing about the second topic
Two adjectives about the second topic
Topic (either a synonym or antonym of the first topic)

Here is an example of a synonym diamante I wrote in class today:
Puli
Shaggy, playful
Chasing, running, jumping
Loves tormenting my cat
Wagging, bounding, playing
Energetic, smelly
Dog
Here is an example of an antonym diamante:
Puli
Shaggy, playful
Chasing, running, jumping
Always tormenting my cat
Hiding, hissing, howling
Scared, timid
Oreo
(Puli is my dog and Oreo is my cat)
Please share your original diamante poems by commenting here!

2 comments:

  1. Leaves
    Colorful,ovals
    Crinkling,blowing,drifting
    Happy,relaxed autumn feeling
    Crunching,falling,landing
    Crinkled,crunched
    Trees From,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coca-Cola
    Sweet, Carbonated
    Energizing, Amazing, Fizzing
    Makes me feel hyperactive
    Satisfying, Quenching, Soothing
    Zesty, Sugary
    Soda

    by Taylor V.

    ReplyDelete